|Dear San Juan County Neighbors and Friends,
If you meet the residency requirements for voting in San Juan County, we encourage you to register to vote here.
You will find all the information you need about eligibility, dates and deadlines for registering to vote in San Juan County by clicking on this link.
The Primary Election is August 7
The General Election is November 6
Deadlines for the Primary Election:
- July 9 – Deadline for voter registration, address change and other updates
- July 30 – Deadline for first time Washington State voter registration (in person only)
- July 20 – Ballots mailed for August 7 Primary
Things to know about the General Election:
- October 8 – Deadline for voter registration, address change and other updates
- October 29 – Deadline for first time Washington State voter registration (in person only)
- November 6 – General Election
Voting in San Juan County is by mail. If you are registered to vote but miss the deadline to update your address, you can still vote. Contact your County Elections Department here at this link where you are currently registered to request a ballot.
Registrations and updates submitted after the deadline will take effect for the next election.
View the complete elections calendar here at this link.
County Council elections are held every other year and Council serve for 4 years. Candidates who met the May 18 deadline for filing for the SJ County Council are:
District #1, San Juan South
- Lovel Pratt, (incumbent)
- Bob Jarman
District #3, Town of Friday Harbor, San Juan Island
- Howard (Howie) Rosenfeld (incumbent)
- Marc A. Forlenza
District #4, Orcas West
- Rick Hughes
- Scott Lancaster
Do you know which Council District you live in? Find the answer here at this link.
Please forward this email to your island neighbors and friends.
Common Sense Alliance