2011 has been a productive year as San Juan County Republicans have organized working for our county and state. Common ground issues of property rights, taxes, government size and government costs are bringing independents and democrats to our table to find solutions. We are gaining in numbers and our election losses have been close.
Liberals are deeply rooted in their beliefs as are conservatives. If we hold strong to our conservative beliefs we can strengthen our economy, make our government more efficient and benefit our community. Public relations are needed to express this mission. Please get involved. Your humble chair has recently been elected to the Washington State Republican Party Executive Board. I will represent Congressional District 2 with Charlie Crabtree from Whatcom County. I intend for this position to bring attention to San Juan County and its needs. My priorities include property rights and the replacement of Ranker, Larsen, Morris, Cantwell and Gregoire. Upcoming events include:
- Jan 11 Redistricting Meeting at 1:00 PM will be at the SJI Elections Office- Precinct changes will be revealed and discussed. PCO’s are encouraged to attend.
- Jan 20, 21: State Central Committee Meeting in Yakima
- Feb 4: Candidate School 10 AM to 2:00 PM by Anthony Welcher at Burlington’s Public Library, 820 E Washington Ave
- Feb 25: Lincoln Day Breakfast on Orcas and Lunch on Lopez TBA Lincoln Dinner—San Juan
- March 3: Precinct Caucuses San Juan Precincts at the San Juan Grange
- Shaw Island at Rawls Home
- Orcas Island at the Legion Hall and other locations TBA
- Lopez Island at Woodmen Hall
- March 24 County Convention at SJI Grange
- May 30 State Convention in Tacoma Please renew your membership for 2012. Donate to our local work and our candidates. Contact me, our County Executive Committee or your PCO if you would like to be involved. There is much to do. We are serious about our work but have fun doing it. Welcome Rosalie Webster as our new PCO for San Juan 3. Thank you Rosalie for stepping up! ARE YOU THE MISSING PIECE THAT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE? We are all unique yet each of us has special strengths and talents to share. When we link our individual strengths together… We’re invincible! GET INVOLVED!