Governor Inslee has announced that he wants a special session in November to pass a new transportation package. For those of you keeping track, that would be the third
special session this year!Our stance on the Democrats’ proposed 10+cents/gallon tax increase for transportation has remained consistent: without vital reforms to address the costs to the state for new projects, we must not continue to throw good money after bad. You can read more on the Republican transportation reform plan here.
Senate Transportation Committee co-chairs Sen. Curtis King (R-Yakima) and Sen. Tracey Eide (D-Federal Way) will be hosting forums across the state beginning on September 17. Please attend the forum of your choice and speak out in support of reforms and fiscal responsibility.I encourage you to support our hard working Republican Legislators and thank them for their efforts to reform our state transportation system and save the taxpayers money while investing in needed infrastructure projects.
- Sept. 17 – Bellevue (Northwest Region) 6-9 p.m.
Stevenson Elementary School, 14220 NE 8th St., Bellevue, WA 98007
- Sept. 18 – Everett (Northwest Region) 6-9 p.m.
Snohomish County, Robert Drewel Building, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., 6th floor, Everett, WA 98201
- Sept. 23 – Wenatchee (North Central Region) 6-9 p.m.
Chelan County PUD Auditorium, 327 N Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Sept. 24 – Yakima (South Central Region) 6-9 p.m.
Yakima Area Arboretum, Garden View Rm., 1401 Arboretum Dr., Yakima, WA 98901
- Sept. 26 – Tri-Cities (South Central Region) 6-9 p.m.
Columbia Basin College, 2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301
- Oct. 2 – Spokane (Eastern Region) 6-9 p.m.
Greater Spokane Inc., 801 W. Riverside, Spokane, WA 99201
- Oct. 7 – Vancouver (Southwest Region) 6-9 p.m.
Vancouver Community Library, Columbia Room, 901 C St., Vancouver, WA 98660
- Oct. 9 – Tacoma (Olympic Region) 6-9 p.m.
Evergreen Tacoma Campus, Lyceum Hall, 1210 6th Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405
- Oct. 14 – Seattle (Northwest Region) 6-9 p.m.
King County Council Chamber, 516 3rd Avenue #1200, Seattle, WA 98104
- Oct. 15 – Bellingham (Northwest Region) 6-9 p.m.
Port of Bellingham Cruise Terminal, 355 Harris Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225
Please be sure you attend one of these forums and tell your representatives in Olympia to support the Republican reform plan! Demand your legislators to fix it before they fund it!
Chair, Washington State Republican Party