Enjoy this fun way of looking at the Debt Crisis in the US. PS: Thanks Kids!
If you don’t get involved now, then when?
If not you, then who will do the job?
Are you tired of other people getting to make decisions that affect
your life? Now is your chance! The County Council is
searching for San Juan County citizens to fill current and upcoming
vacancies on various boards and commissions. The following
is a list of current vacancies:
- Agricultural Resources Committee – (2) Positions
- Eastsound Design Review Committee – (1) Position (Architect)
- Fair Board – (1) Lopez District, (1) Friday Harbor
- Ferry Advisory Committee – (1) Lopez Island
- Board of Health – (1) At Large Position
- Housing Bank Commission – (1) San Juan Island Position
- Human Services Advisory Board – (5) Positions, all Islands
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee – (2) Contributors (3) Receivers
- Northwest Agriculture Business Center – (1) Lopez Seat
- Noxious Weed Board -” (1) Lopez/Shaw
- Open Space Advisory Committee – (2) Positions
- SJC Park Board -” (1) San Juan Island, (1) Lopez Island
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee – (5) Positions
- Veterans’ Advisory Board – (2) Positions (Lopez)
- Water Resources Management Committee – (2) Positions
If you are interested in volunteering or would like information,
please contact the county website: http//www.sanjuanco.com call the
County Council office and ask for Maureen See at 378-2898 or
Kim Wyman candidate for Washington Secretary of State came to San Juan Island last month. She raised money for her campaign and spoke to a group at the Petersen home. We learned of Kim Wyman’s plans as our state’s top elections officer.
Please visit her website for more information. http://kimwyman.com
2011 has been a productive year as San Juan County Republicans have organized working for our county and state. Common ground issues of property rights, taxes, government size and government costs are bringing independents and democrats to our table to find solutions. We are gaining in numbers and our election losses have been close.
Liberals are deeply rooted in their beliefs as are conservatives. If we hold strong to our conservative beliefs we can strengthen our economy, make our government more efficient and benefit our community. Public relations are needed to express this mission. Please get involved. Your humble chair has recently been elected to the Washington State Republican Party Executive Board. Continued